Invest In Your Future
We provide bespoke short-term, self-liquidating trade and commodity finance solutions. These solutions are particularly suited to local, regional and global commodity traders, millers, oil crushers, importers and exporters and animal feed manufacturers. We provide expert commodity trading South Africa.
Gigno Investments (Pty) Ltd is a niche Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Boutique
It is Level One B-BBEE contributor which is 100% PDI owned and managed. Solutions are typically secured by underlying physical commodities and other assets. Comfort is taken in the self-liquidating nature of the solution coupled with the marketability of the underlying asset and the trade finance instrument in use. Our products are suited to towards exchange traded Grain and Oils Seeds (maize, wheat, sorghum, canola, sunflower seed & soya beans).
One Size Fits One
We Create a Strategy That Works For YOU
Gigno maintains a strong firm-wide commitment to best-in-class operations and compliance. Client service remains the top priority with a huge emphasis on sustainable relationships.
𝙸 – Repurchase Agreements
- Hair cut repurchase agreement (70% finance against 100% of physical stock as collateral)
- JSE Short Future hedge repurchase agreement (85-90% finance against 100% of physical stock as collateral)
- Calendar Spread Financing (Long Near Month Future / Short Far Month)
- Top-up financing for shortfall on 100% repurchase agreement
𝙸𝙸 – tenor
- Repurchase agreements (min. 1 day > max. 365 days)
- Gigno will purchase the commodity at 100% of the short future price less all applicable discounts (location differential / storage / grade / booking fee / provisional interest, etc.)
- Client is obligated to repurchase the commodity before the futures expiry
- Client is responsible for hedge cost (interest on initial & variation margin and booking fee)
- Upon repurchase client will pay long future price, less discounts on the purchase price plus effective interest on the purchase price, initial and variation margin and admin fee
Over 20 years’ experience in Structured Trade, Commodity Finance and Physical Trading of Agricultural Commodities.
With over 20 years’ experience in Structured Trade, Commodity Finance and Physical Trading of Agricultural Commodities. A specialist in SAFEX traded Agri Commodities. His Genesis is in 2000 when he joined the Soft Commodity Trading and Financing division of Rand Merchant Bank. As a Senior Transactor, he was responsible for grain and oil seed financing in Southern Africa. In 2007 he joined Standard Bank as a trader where he was instrumental in setting up their Structured Commodity Finance Business within Global Markets, building it to become a market leader in the financing of SAFEX traded agricultural commodities. In 2010 he joins Riparian Commodities a boutique commodity finance house as one of the founders. In 2017 Mergence acquires a majority stake in Riparian and Mergence Commodity Finance is born of which Dean is the Managing Director up to May 2021. June 2021 Gigno is incorporated with Dean as the Managing Director
Get In Touch
A Niche Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Boutique
We provide bespoke short-term, self-liquidating trade and commodity finance solutions. These solutions are particularly suited to local, regional and global commodity traders, millers, oil crushers, importers and exporters and animal feed manufacturers.
Get In Touch
Tel: +2783 647 8777
Address: 11 Gorleston Road, Fresnaye, Cape Town. 8005